Friday, March 23, 2012

First Video Post

One of the exciting things about my job is that it is not unusual for me to have a new challenge thrown at me, such as learning to podcast last year, and find out that the skill I need to learn is needed later that same week.  As was the case with podcasting I found out the church was going to get a podcast, had to learn about podcasting, and be able to do it all within a week.  Not much time to learn a new skill.

Lately I've been thinking that I'm overdue for one of these exciting episodes.  My theory is that one of these days I will be called upon to make a video for the church.  Being someone who, up to this point, has had no interest in making videos, the prospect of being called upon to suddenly find out how is not very appealing.  So I have decided to think ahead and begin learning to make videos before life hits me with the sudden need to be good at it.

My plan is to post video book reviews (is that an oxymoron?) here on my blog and possibly on YouTube if it turns out to be easier that way.  Thus I can learn video-making at my own pace, and at least have some experience under my belt when the day comes that I actually need the skill.

The video below is a completely unedited first take.  I just want to see how hard it is to post videos here on Blogger, because I was told it's not easy.  Here goes, prepare to be very unimpressed...


9 comments:

jacki said...

you look like you feel awkward.
made me laugh.
:P

Jennifer said...

I do feel awkward. :p

I P said...

when's the sequel?

Jennifer said...

Soon, I'm still learning how to make it, lol.

jacki said...

You should make a video to teach children how to play mud monsters!!!

Jennifer said...

Wouldn't the parents of the world thank me for that...

jacki said...

;)

Unknown said...

More, more!

Unknown said...

Hello Jeniffer, I think you love learning new things. I was also like you when I stepped on making videos for my clients. Nowadays I create cool After Effects Templates which people can download them for free.